In this video, you’ll discover
- The downside of running or doing other punishing exercises (yes there are a few!)
- 5 Even Better Ways To Get Your Cardio in
This is for you if you want to discover movement options that you will enjoy and actually stick to.
Movement as in something you enjoy doing not suffering through because you’ve heard all your life that beauty is pain, that weight loss is hard… what if losing weight and getting in shape could be joyful? I’m here to tell you It can be if you allow it to be.
This may sound counter intuitive but there is a downside in running and doing other punishing exercises :
- You’re hungry all the time
- It’s just plain tough on your body
To make matters worse:
- The Journal of the American College of Cardiology found that those who run more than 4 hours a week have the same risk of dying as those who are sedentary and hardly exercise at all.
Lucky for us there are plenty of cardio options that’ll help you get the same cardiovascular workout and calorie burn, minus the threat of injury:
- Walking: A study published in the Journal of “Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness” found that walking and jogging at the same speed over the same distance, walkers burned as much or more energy than joggers.
- Elliptical Machine:
This is a great option for those who love running but want less stress on their joints.
Try a spin class, or simply log some miles on a stationary bike, biking overall places less stress on your joints than other cardio (because you’re essentially off your feet) while still burning a substantial number of calories.
- Try a Zumba class
Don’t worry if you don’t know the moves or don’t do them perfectly. You will be sweating buckets to the hot rhythms of Latin music. So much fun!
- Jumping rope
According to Science Daily, 10 minutes of skipping rope is about equivalent to running an 8-minute-mile. The added benefit of jumping rope is lymphising. the vertical up and down movement stimulates the lymphatic drainage system, which helps rid your body of toxins, cancer cells, wastes, trapped protein, bacteria viruses, and other waste the cells cast off.
The best exercise is the one that you will actually do at the time that works best for you.
Move yo’self! The Free 30-Day challenge is happening NOW.You can still join. Go to www.walkyourwayfit.com