In today’s session
- You’ll discover why fruit is an essential component of a healthy diet and why should be part of a sustainable weight loss plan and then
- I’ll show you 4 of the most powerful belly-fighting fruits and why you want to eat them.
Even though fruits have many powerful health benefits and can promote weight loss, you still need to watch your intake
All fruits contain health benefits, such as providing you with large amounts of disease- and inflammation-fighting antioxidants, but some fruits play a more powerful role in shrinking belly fat than others. Let’s talk about some of the most powerful belly-fighting fruits and why you want to eat them
- Powerful inflammation fighters thanks to their super-high antioxidant content.
- They can reduce triglyceride levels and increase insulin sensitivity, perhaps cutting the risk for cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- They have been shown to help reduce food cravings.
- Some of the highest levels of antioxidants when compared to many fruits.
- Increase your body’s fat-burning potential and may even help to boost metabolism, making it a strong belly-fat fighter.
- May also decrease appetite, helping to prevent overeating.
- Decrease fat buildup in the arteries, making them as healthy for the heart as they are for your waistline.
#3 Tart cherries
- Helps you burn belly fat.
- A study by the University of Michigan found that when mice were given food that contained added tart cherry powder, their body fat reduced by 9 percent more than mice fed the same diet without the additional cherry powder. Even better news, most of the weight loss came from fat stored in the abdominal area. The mice fed the cherry powder also showed significant decreases in cholesterol levels as well as a decline in inflammatory markers.
- Please Note: Tart cherries are NOT the same sweet cherries. They’re not usually found in the fresh produce aisle. Instead, you can usually find them frozen or dried. Just be sure you buy an unsweetened variety
- Super fat burner. It also has diuretic properties, which help you shed any unwanted water retention, leaving you looking and feeling slimmer, especially in the midsection.
- A 2011 study in Nutrition & Metabolism by researchers at Vanderbilt University found that when obese adults consumed half a grapefruit or 4 ounces of 100 percent grapefruit juice before three main meals, they experienced a significant decrease in both body weight and waist circumference. Why? Perhaps the high water content and volume of the grapefruit prior to meals helped make them feel fuller sooner, allowing them to eat smaller portions at the next meals.
- A 2009 study in the Journal of Nutrition found that eating a low-glycemic-index food, such as grapefruit, for breakfast before exercising helps you burn 50 percent more fat.
- Please Note: If you’re taking medications, make sure to check with your doctor or pharmacist before eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice. Grapefruit products can have potentially adverse interactions with some medications.
Belly Fat Diet For Dummies by