– freshly brewed coffee
– 2 tablespoons organic canned pumpkin
– 2 cups milk (non-dairy milk of your choice)
– 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (or ¾ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp nutmeg, ¼ tsp ground ginger)
– black pepper
– 1.5 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 1-2 tablespoons coconut sugar or maple syrup
– Combine the pumpkin, milk and spices in a pot over the stove. Stirring together until heated through and well combined.
– Add the vanilla and sweetener (sugar or maple syrup) and then transfer mixture to a blender. (Or use an immersion blender or whisk in the mixture) in order to froth it up.
– Serve 2 parts coffee, 1 part pumpkin mix (or 50/50) – whatever your preferred ratio – in warm mugs. Add a little coconut cream on top if you like and a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon.