– 2 big handfuls fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
– 1/2 jalapeno, thinly sliced
– 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
– 1-2 minced garlic cloves
– 2 limes, juiced
– 2 tablespoon coconut aminos
– pinch of stevia (I use 1/2 packet) of palm sugar
– salt and pepper
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 (6-ounce) block sushi-quality tuna
– 1/2 ripe, sliced avocado
– In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, limejuice, coconut aminos, sweetener, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir ingredients together until well incorporated.
– Place a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper. Lay the tuna in the hot oil and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a slight crust.
– Pour 1/2 of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish. Serve the seared tuna with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled on top. [Credit: PreppyPaleo.com]